Changing the Failover Priority
You can change the failover priority on availability or reliability to meet service requirements.
- Reliability: This option is selected by default. Data consistency is preferentially ensured during the primary/standby failover. This is recommended for users whose highest priority is data consistency.
- Availability: Database availability is preferentially ensured during the primary/standby failover. This is recommended for users who require their databases to provide uninterrupted online services.
- Log in to the management console.
- Click in the upper left corner and select a region and a project.
- Click Service List. Under Database, click RDS. The RDS console is displayed.
- On the Instance Management page, click the target primary/standby DB instances.
- In the DB Information area on the displayed Basic Information page, click Change in the Failover Priority field. In the displayed dialog box, select a priority and click OK.
Figure 1 Changing the failover priority
- View the result of the change on the Basic Information page.