Configuring and Changing a Floating IP Address
You can plan and change floating IP addresses after migrating on-premises databases or other cloud databases to RDS.
Configuring a Floating IP Address
You can use a self-assigned IP address when creating a DB instance.
Changing a Floating IP Address
To change the floating IP address of a created DB instance, perform the following steps:
- Log in to the management console.
- Click in the upper left corner and select a region and a project.
- Click Service List. Under Database, click RDS. The RDS console is displayed.
- On the Instance Management page, click the target DB instance.
- In the Connection Information area on the Basic Information page, click Change in the Floating IP Address field.
In the navigation pane on the left, choose Connection Management. In the Connection Information pane on the Private Connection page, click Change in the Floating IP Address field.
- In the displayed dialog box, enter a new floating IP address and click OK.
- If you have enabled the operation protection function, click Send Code in the displayed Identify Verification dialog box and enter the obtained verification code. Then, click OK.
Second authentication is required to improve the security of your account and cloud product. For details about how to enable operation protection, see the Identity and Access Management User Guide.