Configuring and Changing a Floating IP Address
You can plan and change floating IP addresses after migrating on-premises databases or other cloud databases to RDS.
Configuring a Floating IP Address
You can use a self-assigned IP address when purchasing a DB instance.
Changing a Floating IP Address
After a DB instance is created, you can change its floating IP address.
- Log in to the management console.
- Click in the upper left corner and select a region and a project.
- Click Service List. Under Database, click Relational Database Service. The RDS console is displayed.
- On the Instance Management page, click the target DB instance.
- In the Connection Information area on the Basic Information page, click Change in the Floating IP Address field.
Alternatively, in the navigation pane on the left, choose Connection Management. In the Connection Information area on the Private Connection page, click Change in the Floating IP Address field.
- In the displayed dialog box, enter a new floating IP address and click OK.
- After the floating IP address is changed, the domain name needs to be resolved again. This operation takes several minutes and may interrupt database connections. Therefore, you are advised to change the floating IP address during off-peak hours.
- In the in-use IP address list, the IP addresses whose statuses are Idle are occupied and cannot be used.
- If you have enabled the operation protection function, click Send Code in the displayed Identify Verification dialog box and enter the obtained verification code. Then, click OK.
Two-factor authentication is required to improve the security of your account and cloud product. For details about how to enable operation protection, see the Identity and Access Management User Guide.