Configuring and Changing a Floating IP Address
You can change floating IP addresses after migrating on-premises databases or other cloud databases to RDS.
After read/write splitting is enabled, the floating IP addresses of primary DB instances and read replicas cannot be changed.
After a floating IP address is changed, the domain name needs to be resolved again. This operation takes several minutes and may interrupt database connections. Therefore, you are advised to change a floating IP address during off-peak hours.
Configuring a Floating IP Address
You can use an automatically-assigned IP address when purchasing a DB instance.
Changing a Floating IP Address
You can change the floating IP address of an existing DB instance.
- Log in to the management console.
- Click in the upper left corner and select a region and a project.
- Click in the upper left corner of the page and choose Database > Relational Database Service. The RDS console is displayed.
- On the Instance Management page, click the target DB instance.
- In the Connection Information area on the Basic Information page, click Change in the Floating IP Address field.
Alternatively, in the navigation pane on the left, choose Connection Management. In the Connection Information area on the Private Connection page, click Change in the Floating IP Address field.
- In the displayed dialog box, enter a new floating IP address and click OK.
In the in-use IP address list, the IP addresses whose statuses are To be used are occupied and cannot be reused.
- If you have enabled operation protection, click Send Code in the displayed Identity Verification dialog box and enter the obtained verification code. Then, click OK.
Two-factor authentication improves the security of your account and cloud product. For details about how to enable operation protection, see the Identity and Access Management User Guide.