Applying for a Private Domain Name
You can connect to RDS DB instances through private domain names.
- Only RDS for MySQL supports access through private domain names.
- After a private domain name is generated, modifications to the floating IP address will interrupt database connections. Exercise caution when deciding to modify the floating IP address.
You need to contact customer service to apply for the permission of using private domain names.
- Log in to the management console.
- Click in the upper left corner and select a region and a project.
- Click Service List. Under Database, click RDS. The RDS console is displayed.
- On the Instance Management page, click the target DB instance.
- In the Connection Information area on the Basic Information page, click Apply in the Private Domain Name field.
In the navigation pane on the left, choose Connection Management. In the Connection Information pane on the Private Connection page, click Apply in the Private Domain Name field.Figure 1 Applying for a private domain name
- In the Private Domain Name field, view the generated private domain name.
Alternatively, view the progress and result of applying for a MySQL private domain name on the Task Center page.