What Is RDS?
RDS is a cloud-based web service that is reliable, scalable, and easy to manage. RDS supports the following DB engines:
RDS provides a comprehensive performance monitoring system, multi-level security protection measures, and a professional database management platform, allowing you to easily set up and scale a relational database. On the RDS console, you can perform almost all necessary tasks and no programming is required. The console simplifies operation procedures and reduces routine O&M workloads, so that you can focus on your application and service development.
RDS for MySQL
MySQL is one of the world's most popular open-source relational databases. It works with the Linux, Apache, and Perl/PHP/Python to establish a LAMP model to provide efficient web solutions. RDS for MySQL is reliable, secure, scalable, inexpensive, and easy to manage.
- It supports various web applications and is cost-effective, preferred by small- and medium-sized enterprises.
- A web-based console provides comprehensive monitoring information, making your operations easy and visual.
- You can flexibly scale resources based on your service requirements and pay for only what you use.
For details about the versions supported by RDS for MySQL, see DB Engines and Versions.
RDS for PostgreSQL
PostgreSQL is an open-source object-relational database management system that focuses on extensibility and standards compliance. It is known as the most advanced open-source database. RDS for PostgreSQL excels in processing complex online transaction processing (OLTP) transactions and supports NoSQL (JSON, XML, or hstore) and geographic information system (GIS) data types. It has earned a reputation for reliability and data integrity, and is widely used in Internet websites, location-based applications, and complex data object processing.
- RDS for PostgreSQL supports the postgis plugin and provides excellent spatial performance.
- RDS for PostgreSQL applies to various scenarios and is cost-effective. You can flexibly scale resources based on your service requirements and pay for only what you use.
For details about the versions supported by RDS for PostgreSQL, see DB Engines and Versions.
RDS for SQL Server
SQL Server is a well-established commercial database with a mature enterprise-class architecture. One-stop deployment simplifies key O&M services and greatly reduces labor costs. With RDS for SQL Server, you can build a safe and stable database operation environment according to Huawei international security standards. It is widely used in government, finance, medical care, education, and gaming.
RDS for SQL Server is reliable, scalable, inexpensive, and easy to manage. It uses a high availability (HA) architecture, guarantees data security, and recovers from faults within seconds.
For details about the versions supported by RDS for SQL Server, see DB Engines and Versions.