How Can I Change the Time Zone?
Different DB engines have different time zone policies.
MySQL and PostgreSQL allows you to select a time zone when you create a DB instance and change the time zone after the instance is created.
SQL Server allows you to select a time zone when you create a DB instance but you cannot change the time zone after the instance is created.
To change the time zone for a MySQL or PostgreSQL DB instance, perform the following steps:
- Log in to the management console.
- Click in the upper left corner and select a region and a project.
- Click Service List. Under Database, click RDS. The RDS console is displayed.
- On the Instance Management page, click the target DB instance.
- On the Parameters page, locate the time zone parameter and change its value. Then, click Save. In the displayed dialog box, click Yes.
- For MySQL, the time zone parameter is time_zone.
- For PostgreSQL, the time zone parameter is timezone.
- Restart the application and client for the modification to take effect.