How Can I Change the Network Segment of an ECS Subnet?
After a subnet is created, the network segment cannot be directly changed.
To change a network segment, change the subnet.
- Log in to the management console.
- Under Computing, click Elastic Cloud Server.
- In the search box above the upper right corner of the ECS list, enter the ECS name, IP address, or ID, and click for search.
- Click the name of the target ECS.
The page providing details about the ECS is displayed.
- Click the NICs tab. Locate the row containing the primary NIC and click Modify Private IP.
The Modify Private IP dialog box is displayed.
- Change the subnet and private IP address of the primary NIC as required.
- Subnets can be changed only within the same VPC.
- If the target private IP address is not specified, the system will automatically assign one to the primary NIC.
For example, the original subnet is subnet-demo (192.168.0.0/24) and the new subnet is subnet-fe21 (192.168.6.0/25). Then, the ECS network segment is changed by changing the ECS subnet.