How Can I Install a GUI on an ECS Running CentOS 6?
The ECSs running CentOS 6 series do not have a GUI installed by default. If GUI is required, perform the operations described in this section to install it.
- Before installing a GUI on an ECS, ensure that the idle memory is greater than or equal to 2 GB. Otherwise, the GUI installation may fail or the ECS cannot be started after the installation.
- If the ECS is Kunpeng-powered, use the image source provided by HUAWEI CLOUD. For details, see How Can I Use a CentOS-Altarch Image Source (Arm) Provided by HUAWEI CLOUD?
- Run the following command to obtain the installation component provided by the OS:
# yum groupinstall "Desktop"
- Run the following command to set the default startup level to 5 (GUI):
# sed -i 's/id:3:initdefault:/id:5:initdefault:/' /etc/inittab
- Access GUI and run the following command: