Can I Switch Between Yearly/Monthly and Pay-per-Use Payments?
Switch between yearly/monthly and pay-per-use payments is supported.
- Changing pay-per-use to yearly/monthly
Pay-per-use is a postpaid billing mode in which your ECS is billed based on usage frequency and duration. You can create or delete such an ECS at any time.
If you want to use an ECS for a long time, you can change its billing mode from pay-per-use to yearly/monthly to reduce cost. For details, see Changing Pay-per-Use to Yearly/Monthly.
- Changing yearly/monthly to pay-per-use
Yearly/Monthly is a prepaid billing mode in which your ECS will be billed based on service duration. This cost-effective mode is ideal when the duration of ECS usage is predictable.
If you require a more flexible billing mode, in which your ECS will be billed based on usage frequency and duration, you can change the billing mode from yearly/monthly to pay-per-use. However, the pay-per-use billing mode takes effect only after the yearly/monthly billing mode expires. For details, see Changing Yearly/Monthly to Pay-per-Use.
- You have passed real-name authentication.
- The billing mode of only the ECSs in Provisioned state on the Renewals page can be changed from yearly/monthly to pay-per-use.
- A yearly/monthly subscription can be changed to pay-per-use before its expiration date. However, the change takes effect only after the subscription has expired.
- The billing mode of solution portfolio products cannot be changed from yearly/monthly to pay-per-use.