What Should I Do If I Cannot Log In to an ECS with Cloud-Init Enabled?
For a key-pair-authenticated ECS, obtaining its login password using a private key file failed.
- A network fault, leading to the failure of the connection from the ECS to the Cloud-Init server.
- No configuration on the image for Cloud-Init to obtain the password.
- Other reasons.
If logging in to an ECS with Cloud-Init enabled failed, perform the following operations to locate the fault:
- Ensure that Cloud-Init has been correctly configured on the image based on which the ECS was created.
Cloud-Init has been correctly configured for all public images. Skip this step for public images. Check the Cloud-Init configuration on non-public images.
- Ensure that the key pair for logging in to the ECS is correct.
- Ensure that DHCP is enabled in the VPC to which the ECS belongs.
- Ensure that the ECS has an EIP bound.
- View security group rules in the outbound direction and ensure that port 80 is accessible.