Can Multiple Disks Be Attached to an ECS?
- When creating an ECS, you can add 24 disks to it.
- After an ECS is created, up to 60 disks can be attached to it. For details, see Table 1.
Table 1 Numbers of disks that can be attached to newly created ECSs
Maximum VBD Disks
Maximum SCSI Disks
Maximum Local Disks
VBD disks + SCSI disks + Local disks ≤ 60
- VBD disks + SCSI disks + Local disks ≤ 60
- SCSI disks + Local disks ≤ 59
- The system disk of an ECS is of VBD type. Therefore, the maximum number of SCSI and local disks is 59.
To attach 60 disks, enable advanced disk. For details, see Enabling Advanced Disk.
How Can I Check Whether an ECS Is Created Before or After the Disk Function Upgrade?
- Log in to management console.
- Under Computing, click Elastic Cloud Server.
- Click the name of the target ECS. The page providing details about the ECS is displayed.
- Click the Disks tab.
- Check the number of disks that can be attached to the ECS to determine the total number of disks.
- If the total number of disks that can be attached is 24 (including the system disk), the ECS is created before the disk function upgrade.
- If the total number of disks that can be attached is 60 (including the system disk), the ECS is created after the disk function upgrade.