Why Does the System Display a Message Indicating that the Password for Logging In to a Windows ECS Cannot Be Viewed?
Password authentication is required to log in to a Windows ECS. Therefore, a key file is required to obtain the initial password for logging in to the ECS. However, after Get Password is clicked, the system displays a message indicating that the password could not be viewed. ECS login was therefore unsuccessful.
Possible causes vary depending on the image used to create the Windows ECS.
- Cause 1: The image used to create the Windows ECS is a private image, on which Cloudbase-Init has not been installed.
- Cause 2: Cloudbase-Init has been installed on the image, but the key pair had not been obtained when the Windows ECS was created.
- If the issue is a result of cause 1, proceed as follows:
The original image password is the OS password configured when the private image was created. If the original image password has been forgotten, use the password reset function available on the Elastic Cloud Server page to reset the password.
- If the issue is a result of cause 2, proceed as follows:
- Locate the row containing the target ECS, click More in the Operation column, and select Restart.
- Click More in the Operation column and select Get Password to check whether the password can be obtained.
- If the password can be obtained, no further action is required.
- If the password cannot be obtained, contact customer service for technical support.