Changing the Login Password on an ECS
This section describes how to change the password for logging in to an ECS when the password is about to expire, the password is forgotten, or you are logging in to the ECS for the first time. It is a good practice to change the initial password upon the first login.
Resetting the ECS login password on the management console is recommended.
The ECS can be logged in.
Table 1 shows the ECS password complexity requirements.
The example password is generated randomly. Do not copy this example password.
- Log in to the ECS.
For details, see Login Overview.
- Press Win+R to start the Run dialog box.
- Enter cmd to open the command-line interface (CLI) window.
- Run the following command to change the password (the new password must meet the requirements described in Table 1):
net user Administrator New password
- Use the existing key file to log in to the ECS as user root through SSH.
For details, see Login Using an SSH Key.
- Run the following command to reset the password of user root:
To reset the password of another user, replace passwd with passwd username.
- Enter the new password as prompted. Ensure that the new password meets the requirements described in Table 1.
New password: Retype new password:If the following information is displayed, the password has been changed:
passwd: password updated successfully