How Can I Recover a Windows ECS with an Abnormal Virtualization Driver?
An error occurs in the virtualization driver on a Windows ECS because Tools is not properly running. To ensure proper ECS running, handle this issue by following the instructions provided in this section.
The virtualization driver of some ECSs became abnormal, which affected the data security, availability, and system performance of these ECSs.
The impact of this issue is as follows:
- The file system of these ECSs might be damaged.
- Services on the ECSs become unavailable.
The affected ECSs cannot be hot migrated between physical servers. When the physical server accommodating such an ECS becomes faulty or the hardware of the physical server is maintained, the ECS cannot be migrated to another physical server, affecting service high availability.
- The network and storage performance of the ECSs is deteriorated.
Perform the following operations to install Tools on the Windows ECS:
- Obtain the Tools installation package pvdriver-windows.zip.
To download the installation package, log in at https://ecs-instance-driver.obs.cn-north-1.myhuaweicloud.com/pvdriver-windows.zip.
- Decompress the software package and double-click setup.exe to start the installation.Figure 1 Installing the virtualization driver
- Click Next and select "I accept the terms in the License Agreement".
- Click Install to start the installation.Figure 2 Installation progress
- Click Finish to complete the installation.Figure 3 Installation completed
- Restart the ECS.Figure 4 Determining whether to restart the ECS
- View the virtualization driver status in the bottom right corner of the ECS desktop. The yellow icon indicates that the virtualization driver is running properly.Figure 5 Proper running status of the virtualization driver