How Can I Obtain the Mapping Between Disk Partitions and Disk Devices on a Windows ECS?
This section uses an ECS running Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit as an example to describe how to obtain the mapping between disk partitions and disk devices.
- Log in to the Windows ECS.
- Click Start in the lower left corner of the desktop.
- Choose Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management.
- In the navigation pane on the left, choose Storage > Disk Management.
- Taking disk 1 marked in Figure 1 as an example, view the disk device for disk 1.
- Right-click the gray area where disk 1 is located, as shown in the red box in Figure 1.
- Click Properties.
The SCSI Disk Device Properties dialog box is displayed, as shown in Figure 2.
- Click the Details tab and set Property to Parent.Figure 3 Disk device details
- Record the digits following & in the parameter value, for example, 51776, which is the master and slave device number corresponding to the disk partition.
- Obtain the disk device according to the information listed in Table 1.The disk device corresponding to 51776 is xvde. The disk device used by disk 1 is xvde.
Table 1 Mapping between disk partitions and disk devices
Master and Slave Device Number for a Disk Partition