Billing (Classic VPN)
Classic VPNs of Huawei Cloud can be billed on a pay-per-use (hourly) basis. You pay only for what you use, and for as long as you use it. No complex forecasts and budgets are required. You can buy one or more VPN connections and will be billed based on the number of VPN connections and usage duration.
Unless otherwise specified, VPN in this section refers to Classic VPN.
Billing Item 1
Billing Item 2
Billing Item 3
Classic VPN gateway (billed by hour)
VPN connection (billed by hour)
The total price of Classic VPN consists of three parts:
- Classic VPN gateway fee: indicates the fee charged for using a single Classic VPN gateway.
- Classic VPN connection fee: indicates the fee charged for the connections between a Classic VPN gateway and a customer gateway.
- In yearly/monthly billing mode, 10 VPN connections are included free of charge with the purchase of a Classic VPN gateway by default. You can purchase additional VPN connections as required. VPN connections are sold in units of 10.
- In pay-per-use billing mode, VPN connections are sold in units of 1. The billing formula is as follows: VPN connection fee = Connection unit price (USD/hour) x Usage duration (hour).
- Bandwidth fee: indicates the fee charged for the bandwidth consumed by a Classic VPN gateway.
For details about Classic VPN pricing, see Product Pricing Details.
- Billed by bandwidth
If you select billing by bandwidth, the billing cycle is one hour. The generated fee also varies depending on the bandwidth size. The price includes the VPN gateway bandwidth or traffic price and the price of the VPN connection created together with the gateway. If you create another connection for the gateway, you will be charged for the additional connection.
Total price = VPN gateway bandwidth fee + VPN connection fee
The bandwidth you purchased for a VPN gateway refers to outbound bandwidth, that is, bandwidth for traffic sent from a VPC on the cloud to a customer gateway in an on-premises data center.
- If the purchased EIP bandwidth is 10 Mbit/s or less, the inbound bandwidth is limited to 10 Mbit/s.
- If the purchased EIP bandwidth is greater than 10 Mbit/s, the inbound bandwidth is the same as the EIP bandwidth.
For example, assuming that the bandwidth you purchased is 50 Mbit/s and you use the VPN gateway for 5 hours and then delete it, you will be charged for the use of 50 Mbit/s bandwidth for 5 hours even if you do not transmit any data during the 5 hours.
- Billed by traffic
If you select billing by traffic, you will be charged for the traffic generated in every hour, with the billing unit being 1 GB. If less than 1 GB is generated, the fee is calculated based on the actually generated traffic volume. In this case, modifying the bandwidth size does not change the public network traffic price per GB. Only traffic in the outbound direction is billed.
Total price = Public network traffic fee + VPN connection fee
Changing Billing Modes
Pay-per-use VPN gateways billed by bandwidth can be changed to being billed by traffic or the other way around. For details, see Changing a Pay-Per-Use VPN Gateway from Being Billed by Bandwidth to Being Billed by Traffic or the Other Way Around.
For details, see Renewal Management.
Expiration and Overdue Payment
For details, see Service Suspension and Resource Release and Payment and Repayment.
Was this page helpful?Provide feedback
For any further questions, feel free to contact us through the chatbot.Chatbot