Help Center> Bare Metal Server> FAQs> General FAQ> What Are the Restrictions on Using BMSs?
Updated on 2022-12-02 GMT+08:00
What Are the Restrictions on Using BMSs?
- External hardware devices (such as USB devices, bank U keys, external hard disks, and dongles) cannot be loaded.
- Out-of-band management is not supported. Your BMSs are managed and maintained by HUAWEI CLOUD.
- Live migration is not supported. If a BMS is faulty, your services running on it may be affected. It is good practice to deploy your services in a cluster or in primary/standby mode to ensure high availability.
- You cannot create a server without an OS, that is, a BMS must have an OS.
- The OS of a BMS cannot be changed after it is created or during OS reinstallation.
- After a BMS is created, you cannot change its VPC.
- When you create a BMS, you can only select a flavor with specified CPU, memory, and local disks but cannot configure them separately. After a BMS is created, you can expand the capacity of attached EVS disks but cannot modify the BMS CPU, memory, or local disks.
- You can only attach EVS disks whose device type is SCSI to a BMS.
- You cannot attach EVS disks to BMSs of certain flavors or BMSs created from certain images because these BMSs do not have SDI iNICs or lack compatibility.
- Do not delete or modify built-in plug-ins of an image, such as Cloud-Init and bms-network-config. Otherwise, basic BMS functions will be affected.
- If you choose to assign an IP address automatically when you create a BMS, do not change the private IP address of the BMS after the BMS is provisioned. Otherwise, the IP address may conflict with that of another BMS.
- BMSs do not support bridge NICs because they will cause network interruptions.
- Do not upgrade the OS kernel. Otherwise, the hardware driver may become incompatible with the BMS and adversely affect the BMS reliability.
General FAQ FAQs
- What Are the Restrictions on Using BMSs?
- How Are BMSs Different from ECSs?
- What Are the Differences Between BMSs and Traditional Physical Servers?
- What Are the Differences Between BMS and Dedicated Host (DeH)?
- How Do BMSs Ensure Data Security?
- Can I Use APIs to Access BMSs?
- What OS Images Does BMS Support?
- Will Services Be Affected If Hyper-Threading Is Configured for BMS?
- How Do I View and Increase the BMS Quota?
- How Do I Synchronize the Time of a BMS?
Was this page helpful?Provide feedback
Thank you very much for your feedback. We will continue working to improve the documentation.
The system is busy. Please try again later.
For any further questions, feel free to contact us through the chatbot.Chatbot