What Do I Do If the Communication Between the Primary NIC and Extension NIC of the BMS is Abnormal?
If two NICs on the same network segment are added to a BMS, communication between the primary NIC and extension NIC is abnormal because the BMS gateway strictly verifies the source MAC addresses. For example, in Figure 1, the primary NIC and extension NIC are both on the 172.22.9.X network segment. A policy-based route needs to be configured to enable communication between the NICs.
- Run the following command to add two routing table names (net1 and net2) and priorities (252 and 251) to the /etc/iproute2/rt_tables file:
252 net1 251 net2
- Run the following command to add the NIC routing information to the /etc/rc.local file:
For example, the IP address of the primary NIC is 172.22.9.7, that of the extension NIC is 172.22.9.206, and that of the BMS gateway is 172.22.9.1, add the following routes:
ip route add 172.22.9.0/24 dev bond0 src 172.22.9.7 table net1 ip route add default via 172.22.9.1 dev bond0 table net1 ip route add 172.22.9.0/24 dev bond0.3935 src 172.22.9.206 table net2 ip route add default via 172.22.9.1 dev bond0.3935 table net2 ip rule add from 172.22.9.7/32 table net1 ip rule add from 172.22.9.206/32 table net2
Network and Security FAQ FAQs
- Can BMSs of Different Accounts Communicate with Each Other over an Internal Network?
- How Do Two BMSs in the Same Region But Different AZs Communicate with Each Other?
- Are My BMSs in the Same Subnet?
- Can I Associate a BMS with Multiple Security Groups?
- Can BMSs Communicate with ECSs in the Same VPC?
- What Are the Differences Between the Primary and Extension NICs of BMSs?
- Can I Bind Multiple EIPs to a BMS?
- Can I Configure the EIP?
- Will I Obtain an EIP That Has Been Released?
- What Are the Differences Between EIPs, Private IP Addresses, and Virtual IP Addresses?
- How Can I Modify the Network Configuration or Restart the Network If I Can Log In to a BMS Using Only SSH?
- How Do I Handle the Failure to Ping a CentOS 7 Extension NIC?
- What Do I Do If a Service Port Is Used by a One-Click Password Reset Plug-in?
- What Do I Do If the Communication Between the Primary NIC and Extension NIC of the BMS is Abnormal?
- How Can I Configure a Static IP Address for a BMS?
- How Do I Change the MTU Value of a Linux BMS NIC?
- How Do I Change the MTU Value of a Windows BMS NIC?
Was this page helpful?Provide feedback
For any further questions, feel free to contact us through the chatbot.Chatbot