Help Center> Bare Metal Server> FAQs> Network and Security FAQ> How Do I Handle the Failure to Ping a CentOS 7 Extension NIC?
Updated on 2022-07-13 GMT+08:00
How Do I Handle the Failure to Ping a CentOS 7 Extension NIC?
A known kernel issue of the OS
CentOS 7.4 and earlier CentOS 7 have this issue.
This issue has been rectified in CentOS 7.5. To use extension NICs, you are advised to use CentOS 7.5 or upgrade the OS kernel version to 3.10.0-862. (In quick provisioning scenarios, you can only resolve this issue by changing the OS to CentOS 7.5.).
- Upload the CentOS 7.5 kernel file downloaded from the official website to the BMS and run the following command to update the kernel:
- Restart the OS. After entering the OS, reinstall the SDI iNIC driver, RAID controller card driver, and IB driver for CentOS 7.5 by following the instructions in the Bare Metal Server Private Image Creation Guide.
Network and Security FAQ FAQs
- Can BMSs of Different Accounts Communicate with Each Other over an Internal Network?
- How Do Two BMSs in the Same Region But Different AZs Communicate with Each Other?
- Are My BMSs in the Same Subnet?
- Can I Associate a BMS with Multiple Security Groups?
- Can BMSs Communicate with ECSs in the Same VPC?
- What Are the Differences Between the Primary and Extension NICs of BMSs?
- Can I Bind Multiple EIPs to a BMS?
- Can I Configure the EIP?
- Will I Obtain an EIP That Has Been Released?
- What Are the Differences Between EIPs, Private IP Addresses, and Virtual IP Addresses?
- How Can I Modify the Network Configuration or Restart the Network If I Can Log In to a BMS Using Only SSH?
- How Do I Handle the Failure to Ping a CentOS 7 Extension NIC?
- What Do I Do If a Service Port Is Used by a One-Click Password Reset Plug-in?
- What Do I Do If the Communication Between the Primary NIC and Extension NIC of the BMS is Abnormal?
- How Can I Configure a Static IP Address for a BMS?
- How Do I Change the MTU Value of a Linux BMS NIC?
- How Do I Change the MTU Value of a Windows BMS NIC?
Was this page helpful?Provide feedback
Thank you very much for your feedback. We will continue working to improve the documentation.
The system is busy. Please try again later.
For any further questions, feel free to contact us through the chatbot.Chatbot