Deleting an Instance
On the Kafka console, you can delete one or more Kafka instances that have been created.
Deleting a Kafka instance will delete the data in the instance without any backup. Exercise caution when performing this operation.
- The status of the Kafka instance you want to delete is Running, Faulty, or Frozen.
- Kafka instances in billed in the yearly/monthly mode cannot be deleted. To disable such a Kafka instance, choose More > Unsubscribe in the row containing the instance.
Deleting Kafka Instances
- Log in to the management console.
- Click in the upper left corner to select a region.
Select the region where your Kafka instance is located.
- Click and choose Middleware > Distributed Message Service (for Kafka) to open the console of DMS for Kafka.
- Delete Kafka instances using one of the following methods:
- Select one or more Kafka instances and click Delete in the upper left corner.
- In the row containing the Kafka instance to be deleted, choose More > Delete.
- Click the desired Kafka instance to view its details. In the upper right corner, choose More > Delete.
Kafka instances in the Creating, Starting, Changing, Change failed, or Restarting state cannot be deleted.
- In the Delete Instance dialog box, enter DELETE and click OK to delete the Kafka instance.
It takes 1 to 60 seconds to delete a Kafka instance.