Why Do I Fail to Create Topics?
Possible cause: The aggregate number of partitions of created topics has reached the upper limit. The maximum number of partitions varies with instance specifications. For details, see Specifications.
Solution: Scale up the instance or delete unnecessary topics.
Topics and Partitions FAQs
- Is There a Limit on the Number of Topics in a Kafka Instance?
- Why Is Partition Quantity Limited?
- Can I Change the Partition Quantity?
- Why Do I Fail to Create Topics?
- Do Kafka Instances Support Batch Importing Topics or Automatic Topic Creation?
- Why Do Deleted Topics Still Exist?
- Why Can't I See "Create Topic" and "Delete Topic" Buttons on the Topic Management Page?
- Can I View the Disk Space Used by a Topic?
- Can I Add ACL Permissions for Topics?
- What Should I Do If Kafka Storage Space Is Used Up Because Retrieved Messages Are Not Deleted?
- How Do I Increase the Partition Quantity?
- Will a Kafka Instance Be Restarted After Its Automatic Topic Creation Setting Is Modified?
- How Do I Disable Automatic Topic Creation?
- Can I Delete Unnecessary Topics in a Consumer Group?
- What Can I Do If a Consumer Fails to Retrieve Messages from a Topic Due to Insufficient Permissions?
- Why Does an Instance Contain Default Topics __trace and __consumer_offsets?