Restarting an Instance
Restart one or more Kafka instances at a time on the Kafka console.
When a Kafka instance is being restarted, message retrieval and creation requests of clients will be rejected.
The status of the Kafka instance you want to restart is either Running or Faulty.
- Log in to the management console.
- Click in the upper left corner to select a region.
Select the region where your Kafka instance is located.
- Click and choose Application > Distributed Message Service (for Kafka) to open the console of DMS for Kafka.
- Restart Kafka instances using one of the following methods:
- Select one or more Kafka instances and click Restart in the upper left corner.
- In the row containing the desired instance, click Restart.
- Click the desired Kafka instance to view the instance details. In the upper right corner, click Restart.
- In the Restart Instance dialog box, click OK to restart the Kafka instance.
It takes 3 to 15 minutes to restart a Kafka instance. After the instance is successfully restarted, its status should be Running.
Restarting a Kafka instance only restarts the instance process and does not restart the VM where the instance is located.
Was this page helpful?Provide feedback
For any further questions, feel free to contact us through the chatbot.Chatbot