What is Resource Management Service?
Resource Management Service (RMS) provides you with a resource management platform where you can search and store your cloud resources, and evaluate the resource compliance to ensure the security of your resources.
You can view the resources you own, resource details, resource relationships, and resource change records on the RMS management console. RMS will send you a message to notify of any change to your resources, store your resource changes every 6 hours, store your resources every 24 hours, and check whether your resources comply with defined compliance policies in the added assignment.
- Displaying resource details: The RMS management console displays all resources you own and provides you with rich query and search methods.
- Displaying resource relationships: You can easily find out the associated services with each resource on the RMS management console.
- Displaying resource change history: You can enable the resource recorder and set required configurations to monitor the resource changes.
- Sending notification: RMS will send you a message to notify of any change to your resources after you enable the resource recorder and configure the SMN topic.
- Dumping resource change notifications: RMS will dump your resource change notifications every 6 hours after you enable the resource recorder and successfully configure the SMN topic and Object Storage Bucket (OBS) bucket.
- Dumping resources: RMS will dump your resource snapshots into the OBS buckets you configured every 24 hours when you enable the resource recorder.
- Evaluating resource compliance: RMS checks the compliance of your resources based on the configured policy in the added assignment.
Access to RMS
You can use either of the following methods to access RMS:
- Management console
The console is a web-based UI, where you can perform operations easily. Log in to the management console and choose Resources > My Resources in the upper right corner of the homepage.
- Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
Use this method if you are required to integrate RMS on the public cloud platform into a third-party system for secondary development. For detailed operations, see Resource Management Service API Reference.