Step 2: Create a Virtual Gateway
After creating a connection, you need to create a virtual gateway to associate it with the VPC to be accessed.
- Log in to the management console.
- On the console homepage, click in the upper left corner and select the desired region and project.
- Hover on to display Service List and choose Networking > Direct Connect.
- In the navigation pane on the left, choose Direct Connect > Virtual Gateways.
- Click Create Virtual Gateway.
- Configure the parameters based on Table 1.
Table 1 Parameter description
Specifies the virtual gateway name.
The name can contain 1 to 64 characters.
Provides a cloud resource management mode where cloud resources and members are centrally managed by project.
Specifies the VPC to be associated with the virtual gateway.
Specifies the CIDR blocks of the subnets in the VPC to be accessed using Direct Connect.
You can add one or more CIDR blocks. If there are multiple CIDR blocks, separate every entry with a comma (,).
Specifies the BGP ASN of the virtual gateway.NOTE:
Generally, Huawei Cloud's BGP ASN is 64512. There are two special cases:
- In the CN North-Beijing1 region, the default BGP ASN of Huawei Cloud is 65533.
- In the AP-Bangkok region, the BGP ASN of some Direct Connect locations is 65535 by default. For details, contact the Direct Connect manager.
Provides supplementary information about the virtual gateway.
- Click OK.
Ensure that the virtual gateway is in the Normal state.
Was this page helpful?Provide feedback
For any further questions, feel free to contact us through the chatbot.Chatbot