Basic Operation Procedure
OBS basic operations include creating a bucket, uploading an object, and downloading an object.
Figure 1 shows the general process of using OBS, which aims to provide you an overview of OBS basic operations. For more details, see the related documents.
- Register with HUAWEI CLOUD and top up the account. For details, see Step 1: Making Preparations.
- You need to obtain the access keys (AK/SK) for authentication before accessing OBS using any methods other than the console. For details, see Step 2: Obtaining Access Keys (AK and SK).
- Before using SDKs, APIs, and obsutil, you need to obtain the endpoints. For details, see Step 3: Obtaining Endpoints.
- Before using the tools (OBS Browser+ and obsutil) or SDKs, you need to download the tools or SDK source code and perform initial configuration. For details, see Step 4: Downloading and Initializing the Tools.
- A bucket is a container for storing objects on OBS. Before uploading an object, you need to create a bucket. For details, see Step 5: Creating a Bucket.
- Upload data to OBS. For details, see Step 6: Uploading an Object.
- Download data from the OBS. For details, see Step 7: Downloading an Object.