Scenario 1: Uploading and Downloading Files Through OBS Console
Object Storage Service (OBS) provides massive, secure, reliable, and low-cost data storage capabilities. It applies to various data storage scenarios, such as enterprise backup and archiving, video on-demand (VoD), video surveillance, and big data analysis.
OBS Console provides convenient functions for uploading and downloading files, as well as other management operations. Whenever and wherever Internet access is available, you can easily manage your data stored in OBS by logging in to the management console.
This topic describes how to quickly upload files to OBS Console and download files from it. It applies to scenarios that require frequent access to the storage of files such as images, videos, and audios.
Step 2: Create a bucket
1. Click Create Bucket in the upper right corner of the OBS Console page.
2. Select a region, set the storage class, and enter a bucket name. Click Create Now.
1.The region and bucket name cannot be changed once a bucket is created.
2. In this example, the bucket policy is set to Private, restricting the access permission to only authorized users.
Creating a bucket.
Completing the configuration.
Step 3: (Optional) Create a folder
1. Click the name of a bucket to go to the Summary page of the bucket. Click Objects, and then Create Folder.
2. Enter a folder name, and click OK.
OBS provides simulated folders like those in a file system, so that you can better classify and manage files.
Creating a folder.
Entering a folder name.
Step 4: Upload a file
1. On the Objects page, click Upload Object.
2. In the Upload Object dialog box, click the selection button (as highlighted in the screenshot) and select the file that you want to upload.
1. In this example, stored files will be frequently accessed, so set the Storage Class to Standard.
2. KMS encryption is suitable for storage scenarios that require high confidentiality. When KMS encryption is enabled, uploaded data are encrypted from the server side and stored in ciphertext. Learn more about KMS encryption.
Uploading a file.
Selecting a file and uploading it.
Step 5: Download a file
1. In the row of the file that you want to download, click Download under the Operation column.
You can also click Download As to change the file name and the download path.
Downloading a file.