Configuring Cross-Region Replication
Currently, OBS allows you to configure a cross-region replication rule for copying all objects from a source bucket to a destination bucket or multiple cross-region replication rules that match prefixes.
A cross-region replication rule may not take effect immediately upon its configuration. Accordingly, the objects that this rule is applied to may not be replicated immediately after the rule is configured.
Buckets with WORM enabled do not support cross-region replication.
The source bucket version is 3.0 or later, and cross-region replication is available in the region of the source bucket. For details about the support for cross-region replication in each region, search for "cross-region replication" on the Function Overview page.
- In the navigation pane of OBS Console, choose Object Storage.
- In the bucket list, click the bucket name you want. The Objects page is displayed.
- In the navigation pane, click Cross-Region Replication.
- Click Create Rule. The Create Cross-Region Replication Rule dialog box is displayed. See Figure 1.
- The versioning status of the source bucket must be the same as that of the destination bucket.
- For a source bucket, only one destination bucket and IAM Agency can be configured for cross-region replication. The destination bucket and IAM Agency created in a later rule will overwrite those in the earlier rule.
- Configure a cross-region replication rule according to your service needs. For details about the parameters, see Table 1.
Table 1 Cross-region replication parameters
Indicates whether to enable or disable the replication rule. The versioning status of the source bucket must be the same as that of the destination bucket.
Indicates objects on which the rule takes effect.
- All objects: The rule applies to all objects in the bucket.
- Match by prefix: The rule applies only to objects with the preset prefix.
- If you want to apply the rule to objects by prefix, you must set a value no longer than 1024 characters for Prefix.
- When Match by prefix is selected and the specified prefix overlaps with the prefix of an existing rule, OBS regards the two rules as one and the new one cannot be configured successfully. For example, if a rule with prefix abc exists in the system, another rule whose prefix starts with abc cannot be configured.
- To copy a folder, end the prefix with a slash (/), for example, imgs/.
Synchronize Existing Objects
Indicates whether to synchronize the objects that were already in the bucket before the rule configuration to the destination bucket. By default, these objects are not synchronized.
Replicate KMS encrypted objects
OBS will try to copy KMS encrypted objects no matter whether this option is selected or not.
- If this option is selected, only the IAM agencies that have the KMS Administrator permissions at both the source and destination ends are displayed in the drop-down list of IAM Agency in this dialog box.
- If this option is not selected, only the IAM agencies that do not have the KMS Administrator permission at either the source or destination end are displayed in the drop-down list of IAM Agency in this dialog box.
If KMS is not available in the destination region or the agency does not have the KMS Administrator permissions in the source and destination regions, KMS encrypted objects in the source bucket will fail to be replicated to the destination bucket, and the object replication status will be FAILED.
After a KMS encrypted object in the source bucket is replicated to the destination bucket, the key that encrypts the object changes to the default master key obs/default of the region where the destination bucket resides.
Indicates the region of the destination bucket. The destination and source buckets must be in different regions.
Indicates the destination bucket.
Change storage class for replicated objects
By default, this option is not selected, indicating that the storage class of object copies is the same as that of objects in the source bucket. If you need to change the storage class of objects copies, select this parameter, then you can specify a storage class.
Delegates OBS to operate your resources, so that OBS can use this agency to implement cross-region replication.
An IAM agency is required to use the cross-region replication function. Create one if you do not have any IAM agency. If you have already created IAM agencies, select one from the drop-down list.NOTE:
The IAM agency must be of OBS. The OBS project must have the Tenant Administrator permissions. If Replicate KMS encrypted objects is selected, you also need the KMS Administrator permissions in the regions where the source and destination buckets are located.
- (Optional) Create an IAM Agency. For details, see Creating an IAM Agency.
- Click OK. The cross-region replication rule is created.
Was this page helpful?Provide feedback
For any further questions, feel free to contact us through the chatbot.Chatbot