Obtain permissions for DSC to access and protect the data stored in either OBS or RDS.
Assigning Permissions for DSC
Figure 1 shows the process for assigning permissions for DSC.
After permissions are granted, DSC will automatically identify sensitive data in the data assets added and evaluates the risk levels. You can go to the DSC console to view the asset security details on the Overview page.
- (Optional) Enable HUAWEI CLOUD OBS or RDS to protect data in your OBS self-built buckets.
- (Optional) Create an OBS bucket and upload the files to be stored in the bucket or create a database in an RDS DB instance.
- If the bucket was created, skip to Step 6.
- If the bucket was not created, create one and then go to Step 6.
RDS: For details about how to create a database, see Creating a Database.
- (Optional) Set the type of other OBS buckets to Public to protect other OBS buckets.
- (Optional) Obtain the information about the engine, version, and host of a self-built database to protect it.
- (Optional) Obtain the information about the engine, version, and host of other self-built data sources to protect them.
- Grant permissions to access DSC and add assets.
- For details about how to grant the permission, see Allowing or Disallowing Access to Cloud Assets.
- For details about how to add OBS assets, see Adding OBS Assets.
- For details about how to add cloud database assets, seeAdding an RDS Database.
- For details about how to add big data assets, seeAdding a Big Data Source.
- Configure sensitive data identification rules.
For details, see Creating a Task.
- View the identified sensitive data or files and their statistics.
For details about how to view the identification result, see Identification Results.
- Handle exceptions or mask sensitive data based on the identification result.
For details, see Handling an Abnormal Event.
For details about how to mask sensitive data, seeData Masking Introduction.
- Set alarm notifications for exceptions.
For details about how to configure alarm notifications, see Alarm Notifications.