Using a Timer Trigger
For details about the timer event source, see Supported Event Sources.
You have created a function. For details, see Creating a Function from Scratch.
Creating a Timer Trigger
- Log in to the FunctionGraph console. In the navigation pane, choose Functions > Function List.
- Click the function to be configured to go to the function details page.
- Choose Configuration > Triggers and click Create Trigger.
Figure 1 Creating a trigger
- Set the following parameters:
- Trigger Type: Select Timer.
- Timer Name: Enter a timer name, for example, Timer.
- Rule: Set a fixed rate or a cron expression.
- Fixed rate: The function is triggered at a fixed rate of minutes, hours, or days. You can set a fixed rate from 1 to 60 minutes, 1 to 24 hours, or 1 to 30 days.
- Cron expression: The function is triggered based on a complex rule. For example, you can set a function to be executed at 08:30:00 from Monday to Friday. For more information, see Cron Expressions for a Function Timer Trigger.
- Enable Trigger: Choose whether to enable the timer trigger.
- Additional Information: The additional information you configure will be put into the user_event field of the timer event source. For details, see Supported Event Sources.
- Click OK.
Viewing the Execution Result
After the timer trigger is created, the function is executed every 1 minute. To view the function running logs, perform the following steps:
- Return to the FunctionGraph console. In the navigation pane, choose Functions > Function List.
- Click a function to go to the function details page.
- Choose Monitoring > Logs to query function running logs.