Help Center> Distributed Message Service for Kafka> User Guide> Managing Instances> Modifying the Information About an Instance
Updated on 2022-12-29 GMT+08:00
Modifying the Information About an Instance
After creating a Kafka instance, you can modify some parameters of the instance based on service requirements, including the instance name, description, security group, and capacity threshold policy.
- Log in to the management console.
- Click in the upper left corner to select a region.
Select the region where your Kafka instance is located.
- Click and choose Application > Distributed Message Service (for Kafka) to open the console of DMS for Kafka.
- Click the desired Kafka instance to view the instance details.
- Modify the following parameters if needed:
- Instance Name
- Enterprise Project (Changing the enterprise project will not restart the instance.)
- Smart Connect (This setting can be changed only once.)
- Security Group
- Public Access (For details about how to change the public access configuration, see Configuring Public Access.)
- Capacity Threshold Policy (Modifying this setting will not restart the instance.)
- Automatic Topic Creation (Modifying this setting will restart the instance.)
- Cross-VPC Access (See Cross-VPC Access to a Kafka Instance and Using DNAT to Access a Kafka Instance.)
After the parameters are modified, view the modification result in one of the following ways:
- If Capacity Threshold Policy, Public Access, or Automatic Topic Creation has been modified, you will be redirected to the Background Tasks page, which displays the modification progress and result.
- If Instance Name, Description, Enterprise Project, Cross-VPC Access, or Security Group has been modified, the modification result will be displayed on the upper right corner of the page.
- If Smart Connect has been modified, go to the Background Tasks page to view the modification progress and result.
Was this page helpful?Provide feedback
Thank you very much for your feedback. We will continue working to improve the documentation.
The system is busy. Please try again later.
For any further questions, feel free to contact us through the chatbot.Chatbot