Enabling the Basic/Enterprise/Premium Edition
Before enabling protection on servers, you need to allocate quota to a specified server. If the protection is disabled or the server is deleted, the quota can be allocated to other servers.
For the WTP edition, choose Web Tamper Protection > Server Protection and then enable it. For details, see Enabling the WTP Edition.
To enable the WTP edition, chooseand click the Servers tab. All the functions of the premium edition are included with the WTP edition.
The HSS system detects all data at 00:00 every day.
After you enable server protection, you can view scan results after the automatic scan in the next early morning, or perform a manual scan immediately.
- The agent status of the server to be protected is Online. To check the status, choose Cloud Workload Protection Platform > Asset Management > Servers & Quota.
- You have purchased required edition quotas in your region.
- To better protect your containers, you are advised to set security configurations.
- Linux OS
- Windows OS
- Authorize the Windows firewall when you enable protection for a Windows server. Do not disable the Windows firewall during the HSS in-service period. If the Windows firewall is disabled, HSS cannot block brute-force attack IP addresses.
- If the Windows firewall is manually enabled, HSS may also fail to block brute-force attack IP addresses.
- Log in to the management console.
- In the upper left corner of the page, select a region, click , and choose .
Figure 1 Accessing HSS
- In the displayed dialog box, click Try the new edition to switch to the HSS (New) console.
- Currently, HSS is available in the following regions: CN South-Guangzhou, CN-Hong Kong, AP-Bangkok, and AP-Singapore.
- On the HSS (New) console, you can click Back to Old Console in the upper left corner to switch to the HSS (Old) console.
- If cloud scan is not enabled or you access the HSS (New) console for the first time, the Enable Cloud Scan? dialog box is displayed. You are advised to select Enable cloud scan.
Figure 2 Enabling cloud scan
- The cloud scan function is free of charge.
- After the cloud scan function is enabled, all HSS servers will be scanned. Some HSS quota editions can support only limited scanning capabilities. Therefore, you are advised to purchase the enterprise edition or higher to enjoy all capabilities of the cloud scan function.
- In the navigation pane, choose Asset Management > Servers & Quota. Click the Servers tab.
Figure 3 Server list
The server list displays the protection status of only the following servers:
- Huawei Cloud servers purchased in the selected region
- Non-Huawei Cloud servers that have been added to the selected region
- Select the target server and click Enable.
You can buy HSS in the pay-per-use or yearly/monthly mode.
- Only the enterprise edition supports the pay-per-use mode.
- If the quota is insufficient when you select the yearly/monthly mode, you need to purchase HSS quotas.
In the displayed dialog box, select an edition, select the Yearly/Monthly mode, allocate the HSS quota, and select I have read and agree to the Host Security Service Disclaimer, as shown in Figure 4.The quotas can be allocated in the following ways:
- Select Select a quota randomly. to let the system allocate the quota with the longest remaining validity to the server.
- Select a quota ID and allocate it to a server.
In the displayed dialog box, select the On-demand mode, select the edition, and select I have read and agree to the Host Security Service Disclaimer, as shown in Figure 5.
The basic edition can be used free of charge for 30 days. The yearly/monthly mode of the basic edition can be used only after purchase.
- Click OK. View the server protection status in the server list.
If the target server has enabled protection, the basic, enterprise, or premium edition has been enabled.
- Alternatively, on the Quotas tab of the Servers & Quota page, click Bind Server in the Operation column to bind a quota to a server. HSS will automatically enable protection for the server.
- A quota can be bound to a server to protect it, on condition that the agent on the server is online.
After HSS is enabled, it will scan your servers for security issues. Check items vary according to the edition you enabled. Figure 6 illustrates more details.
For details about the differences between editions, see Editions.
Viewing Detection Details
After server protection is enabled, HSS will immediately perform comprehensive detection on the server. The detection may take a long time.
Click a server name to go to the details page. On this page, you can quickly check the detected information and risks of the server.
You can manually configure check items, as shown in Figure 9. Configurable items vary according to the edition you enabled.
For details about the differences between versions, see Editions.
Installation and configuration
On the Server tab of the Servers & Quotas page, click Disable in the Operation column of a server.
If HSS is disabled, HSS quota status will change from occupied to idle. You can allocate the idle quotas to other servers or unsubscribe the unnecessary quotas to prevent quota waste.
- Before disabling protection, perform a comprehensive detection on the server, handle known risks, and record operation information to prevent O&M errors and attacks on the server.
- After protection is disabled, clear important data on the server, stop important applications on the server, and disconnect the server from the external network to avoid unnecessary loss caused by attacks.
Choose Quotas tab. Click Unbind in the Operation column. The usage status of the unbound quota will change from In use to Idle. HSS will automatically disable protection for the server unbound from the quota., and click the
You can allocate the idle quotas to other servers or unsubscribe the unnecessary quotas to prevent quota waste.