What is CodeArts Req?
CodeArts Req is a cloud service that provides agile project management and collaboration for software development teams.
- CodeArts Req seamlessly integrates with other CodeArts services to provide full lifecycle software management and team collaboration.
- Efficient, transparent, and visualized end-to-end project management is made possible due to the multiple basic features provided. These features include requirement planning and management, bug management, sprint planning and management, custom workflows, project file hosting, progress tracking, and statistical reports.
CodeArts Req Features
- Requirement Planning and Breakdown
Raw customer requirements are usually abstract and vague. They need to be analyzed and decomposed into minimum-level units that can be delivered in each sprint.
In Scrum projects of CodeArts Req, requirements can be broken down in the four-level hierarchy: .
An abstract and vague epic is divided into multiple features, which are further broken down into stories. Story, also called user story, is a minimum deliverable unit that is written from the customers' perspective and under the principles of INVEST (independent, negotiable, valuable, estimable, sized-appropriately, and testable). After the breakdown, stories are scheduled into one or more sprints based on the manpower of the development team and the estimated finished time of the epic.
This method leads to continuous delivery, which means runnable software is produced in every sprint and offered to users for testing. The development team can then collect user feedback, apply changes accordingly in the next sprint, and finally deliver a product to meet user requirements and achieve business success.
Requirement planning and breakdown can be done using a mind map in CodeArts Req.
Sprint-based agile software development process is composed of several repetitive cycles. It features continuous delivery and feedback collection, against the linear process of waterfall software development, where a product is delivered only at the end of the process.
A product is released after each sprint. The feedback collected in a sprint will be used as references in the next sprint for the development team to continuously improve the software. Adopting the sprint model reduces risks and change costs, and improves development efficiency.
You can plan and manage sprints.
Although both "iteration" and "sprint" refer to a repetitive process, there are some slight differences between them. "Iteration" is a common term used in different agile methodologies, whereas "sprint" is a Scrum term.
- Custom Statistics Report
Data statistics and analysis are the basis for transparent and visualized software project management. However, time-consuming manual data collection and analysis are a real pain to many project managers.
CodeArts Req supports online data collection and analysis. You can use preset reports or create custom reports that meet your needs.
- File Hosting
File hosting supports upload of files in different formats. You can upload project summaries, architecture documents, and product requirement documents to the cloud, so that project members can access and obtain the files via a unified access address at any time. This facilitates information sharing throughout the team and the accumulation of project experience.
CodeArts Req Scrum Development Process
- Scrum is a popular agile development method. It enables continuous delivery through repetitive sprints, which are cycles of closed-loop software development from user requirement planning to user feedback collection.
- Sprint planning meetings, daily Scrum meetings, sprint retrospective meetings, and sprint review meetings are keys to simple but efficient project management.