You can upload an image and position it wherever you want your watermark to appear on your video.
- You can only add watermarks during transcoding. Therefore, adding watermarks will incur transcoding fees.
- If you do not need to add watermarks, set all watermark templates as non-default before transcoding and select Default for Watermark Template in a transcoding template.
- You can create a maximum of two watermark templates. That is, a maximum of two watermarks can be added to a video.
- Requirements for watermarks are as follows:
- Watermarks can be PNG, JPG, or JPEG.
- The resolution of a watermark must be between 8x8 and 4096x4096. The image size cannot exceed 10 MB.
Creating a Watermark Template
- Log in to the VOD console.
- In the navigation pane, choose Global Settings > Watermark Templates.
- Click Create Watermark Template. On the page displayed, set watermark parameters.
Figure 1 Setting watermark parameters
- Name: Enter a maximum of 128 bytes.
- Image: PNG, JPG, and JPEG formats are supported. The size of a watermark image cannot exceed 10 MB. The transparent PNG format is recommended.
- Position: initial position of the watermark. The default value is Upper right.
- Offset: Set the horizontal or vertical offset based on the initial position.
- Size: size of the watermark. The uploaded image is zoomed in or out based on the preset ratio.
- Source Size: size of the video you want to the watermark is laid on
- View the watermark in the preview area on the left.
- Click OK. The new template is added to the watermark template list.
- Click Set as Default in the Operation column to set a watermark template as a default one.
After the default watermark is set, Default is selected for Watermark Template by default. If you do not change it, the default watermark is added to videos. For details, see Transcoding.
If you only need to add watermarks to some videos, you are advised to use a custom template instead of the default template.