You can categorize audio and video files so that you can quickly find them by category. You can also call an API for creating a media category to categorize media files.
- You can add up to 128 categories.
- You can add up to three levels of subcategories.
- If no category is set, the uploaded media files fall into the Other category by default.
Adding a Category
- Log in to the VOD console.
- In the navigation pane, choose Global Settings > Categories.
- Click Add to add a category.
Figure 1 Adding a category
- Click Add Subcategory in the row containing the created category to create a subcategory.
- Categorize audio and video files on the Audio and Video Management page or during upload.
Then, you can click Categorize Video to view all files under this category.Figure 2 Files under this category
- Click Delete to delete an unwanted category.
The rules for deleting a category and subcategory are different:
- If you are going to delete a subcategory, files under this subcategory will be added to its category.
- If you are going to delete a category, files under this category will be added to the Other category.