Help Center> Object Storage Service> Console Operation Guide> Managing Objects> Creating a Folder
Updated on 2023-01-18 GMT+08:00
Creating a Folder
This section describes how to create a folder on OBS Console. Folders facilitate data management in OBS.
- Unlike a file system, OBS does not involve the concepts of file and folder. For easy data management, OBS provides a method to simulate folders. In OBS, an object is simulated as a folder by adding a slash (/) to the end of the object name on OBS Console. If you call the API to list objects, paths of objects are returned. In an object path, the content following the last slash (/) is the object name. If a path ends with a slash (/), it indicates that the object is a folder. The hierarchical depth of the object does not affect the performance of accessing the object.
- OBS Console does not support the download of folders. You can use OBS Browser+ to download folders.
- In the navigation pane of OBS Console, choose Object Storage.
- In the bucket list, click the bucket name you want. The Objects page is displayed.
- Click Create Folder, or click a folder in the object list to open it, and then click Create Folder.
- In the Folder Name text box, enter a name for the folder.
- You can create single-level or multi-level folders.
- The name cannot contain the following special characters: \:*?"<>|+
- The name cannot start or end with a period (.) or slash (/).
- The absolute path of the folder cannot exceed 1023 characters.
- Any single slash (/) separates and creates multiple levels of folders at once.
- The name cannot contain two or more consecutive slashes (/).
- Click OK.
You can click Copy Path on the right to copy the path of the folder. You can share the path with other users. Then they open the bucket where the object is stored and enter the path in the search box to find the object.
Was this page helpful?Provide feedback
Thank you very much for your feedback. We will continue working to improve the documentation.
The system is busy. Please try again later.
For any further questions, feel free to contact us through the chatbot.Chatbot