(Optional) Switching the HSS Edition
You can switch the HSS edition to the basic edition, enterprise edition (pay-per-use or yearly/monthly), or premium edition.
- Batch switchover is not supported.
- Currently, only the billing mode (pay-per-use and yearly/monthly) of the enterprise edition can be changed.
- To change the billing mode from pay-per-use to yearly/monthly, purchase a yearly/monthly quota separately. On the Servers page, click Enable in the Operation column of the target server, select the purchased yearly/monthly quota, and enable HSS protection.
- To change the billing mode from yearly/monthly to pay-per-use, locate the target server in the Servers page, click Enable in the Operation column, and enable the pay-per-use HSS protection.
- The container edition can be switched to the basic, enterprise, or premium edition; but the basic, enterprise, or premium edition cannot be switched to the container edition.
- The WTP edition cannot be switched to other editions. If you want to use other editions, purchase the target edition and enable it.
- If HSS is switched from a higher edition to a lower edition, protected servers will be more vulnerable to attacks.
Preparing for the Edition Switch
- Choose Host Security Service > Asset Management > Servers & Quota and click the Servers tab. Check to ensure the Agent Status of the required server is Online, and protection has been enabled for the server.
- Purchase required yearly/monthly quotas.
- Before switching to a lower edition, check the server, handle known risks, and record operation information to prevent O&M errors and attacks.
- Log in to the management console.
- In the upper left corner of the page, select a region, click , and choose .
Figure 1 Accessing HSS
- In the displayed dialog box, click Try the new edition to switch to the HSS (New) console.
- Currently, HSS is available in the following regions: CN South-Guangzhou, CN-Hong Kong, AP-Bangkok, and AP-Singapore.
- On the HSS (New) console, you can click Back to Old Console in the upper left corner to switch to the HSS (Old) console.
- In the navigation pane, choose Asset Management > Servers & Quota. Click the Servers tab.
Figure 2 Server list
The server list displays the protection status of only the following servers:
- Huawei Cloud servers purchased in the selected region
- Non-Huawei Cloud servers that have been added to the selected region
- In the Operation column of a server, click Switch Edition.
You can switch to an HSS edition in pay-per-use or yearly/monthly mode.
- To switch between billing modes in the enterprise edition, disable protection, and then choose the desired billing mode when you enable protection again.
In the displayed dialog box, select an edition, select the Yearly/Monthly mode, allocate the HSS quota, and select I have read and agree to the Host Security Service Disclaimer, as shown in Figure 3.The quota can be allocated in the following ways:
- Select Select a quota randomly. to let the system allocate the quota with the longest remaining validity to the server.
- Select a quota ID and allocate it to a server.
Only the enterprise edition is supported.
In the displayed dialog box, select the On-demand mode, select the edition, and select I have read and agree to the Host Security Service Disclaimer, as shown in Figure 4.
- Click OK. The edition information in the Edition column will be updated.
If the edition information in the Edition column is updated, the edition switch succeeded.
- After switching to a lower edition, clear important data on the server, stop important applications on the server, and disconnect the server from the external network to avoid unnecessary loss caused by attacks.
- After switching to a higher edition, perform a security detection on the server, handle security risks on the server, and configure necessary functions in a timely manner.
- After the edition is switched, you can allocate the idle quotas to other servers or unsubscribe the unnecessary quotas to prevent quota waste.
Was this page helpful?Provide feedback
For any further questions, feel free to contact us through the chatbot.Chatbot