Multiple users with different permissions can be created to access a DB instance or database, but the permissions of these users cannot exceed the operation permissions of the account.
You have logged in to a GaussDB(for MySQL) DB instance on the DAS console.
- On the top menu bar, choose Other Operations > User Management.
- On the displayed page, click Create User. Then, configure required information, such as basic information, advanced settings, global permissions, and object permissions.
- Add DAS IP Address: You can add the IP address segment where DAS locates to the whitelist of the user. This network segment is used by DAS only. Other services do not use this network segment to connect to databases.
- Password: To ensure data security, the password must:
- Contain 8 to 12 characters.
- Be a strong password.
- Be different from the username or the username spelled backwards.
- Must contain at least three types of the following characters: uppercase letters, lowercase letters, digits, and special characters, including ~!@#%^*-_+=?
- Click Save. In the displayed SQL Preview dialog box, click OK.
- In the user management list, view, edit, or delete information about created users.
On the displayed page, edit user information, set global and object permissions, and click Save. In the displayed dialog box, click OK.