Creating a User and Granting Permissions
You can use IAM to implement refined permission control for DAS resources. To be specific, you can:
- Create IAM users for employees from different departments of your enterprise. In this way, each IAM user has a unique security credential to use DAS resources.
- Grant only the permissions required for users to perform a specific task.
- Entrust a HUAWEI CLOUD account or cloud service to perform efficient O&M on your DAS resources.
If your HUAWEI CLOUD account does not require individual IAM users, skip this chapter.
Figure 1 describes how to grant permissions to a user group.
To assign DAS permissions through IAM, see Creating a User Group and Assigning Permissions.
To assign DAS permissions through EPS, see Adding a User to an Enterprise Project.
Before granting permissions to a user group, learn about the DAS system policies that can be added, and select a policy based on service requirements, as shown in Permissions Management. For the system policies of other services, see Permission Policies.
- Create a user group and assign permissions to it.
Create a user group on the IAM console, and attach the DAS FullAccess policy to the group.
- Create an IAM user.
Create a user on the IAM console and add the user to the group created in 1.
- Log in and verify permissions.
In the service list, choose Data Admin Service. On the displayed DAS console, click Add Login. If login information can be successfully added, the DAS policy has already taken effect.