This topic describes how to import data into a table for backup or data migration. The table structure to be imported must be the same as that of the target table. If you import a CSV or SQL file, the data type of the target table must be the same. The imported file should be no larger than 10 GB.
You have logged in to a GaussDB(for MySQL) DB instance on the DAS console.
- On the top menu bar, choose Import and Export > Import.
- Import a file from your local PC or an OBS bucket.
- From your local PC
On the displayed page, click Create Task. In the displayed dialog box, set File Source to Upload file, specify the attachment storage, and upload a file from your local PC. Then, configure other parameters as required.
For security purposes, imported files are stored in OBS buckets.
- To keep data secure, provide your own OBS bucket to store the attachments you upload. In this way, DAS automatically connects to your OBS bucket for in-memory reading.
- If you select Delete the uploaded file upon an import success, the file you upload will be automatically deleted from the OBS bucket after being imported to the destination database.
- From an OBS bucket
The file uploaded from an OBS bucket will not be deleted upon an import success.
- After setting the import parameters, click Create. Confirm the information again before you click OK because original data may be overwritten after data import.
- View the import progress in the task list or check task details.