You have logged in to a Microsoft SQL Server DB instance on the DAS console.
You can go to the Database Management page using either of the following methods:
- Select Database Management on the top menu bar.
- In the database list of the Home page, locate the target database and click Manage in the Operation column.
You can manage tables, views, stored procedures, triggers, and functions of Microsoft SQL Server databases. The main operations include creating, querying, and modifying objects.
- On the Schemas tab page, click Create Schema in the upper left corner.
- In the displayed dialog box, enter a schema name and click OK to create a schema.
You can create objects in the created schema.
DAS periodically collects DB instance metadata such as databases, tables, and fields and stores the collected data in databases. In addition, it collects only structural metadata, but not data in user tables, which ensures data security. Metadata collection delivers the following advantages:
- Reduces queries on user databases and the impact on the performance of user databases.
- Improves the search performance for DB instances that contain a large number of tables and supports pagination queries.
- On the Database Management page, enable Auto Metadata Collection in the upper right corner and click the Metadata Collection tab.
- On the displayed page, click Collect Now to start the collection. You can also stop the collection or view collection details.
- Clear Collected Data: Clears the collected data such as metadata, database structure, and table structure.
- Delete Logs: Deletes logs. Deleted logs cannot be restored.