About Cost Center
The Cost Center offers a suite of tools that help you track, analyze, and explore your HUAWEI CLOUD costs and usage.
Currently, the tools include:
- Cost Analysis: presents cost in charts. You can view your HUAWEI CLOUD costs and usage of different billing cycles and dive deeper by service type, region, linked account, billing mode, and cost tag.
- Budgets: allows you to configure budgets and stay informed of how your cost and usage progress.
- Cost Tags: helps you identify and manage your HUAWEI CLOUD resources by tag. You can activate the tags to track your HUAWEI CLOUD costs for cost analysis and budget management.
The cost and usage data in the Cost Center is only for your reference during the cost analysis and budget management.
The Cost Center prepares your cost and usage data for the last 18 months.
- If you are an individual HUAWEI CLOUD customer, the Cost Center provides you with the cost and usage data generated due to your use of resources.
- If you are an enterprise customer and are using the master account, the Cost Center provides the following types of data:
- Cost and usage data for the master account
- Cost and usage data for the member accounts associated with the master account when the payer is the master account
- If you are using a member account and your bills are settled by the master account, the Cost Center provides you only with the cost and usage data generated when your account is associated with the master account for consolidated billing. If you are no longer associated with the master account and become an individual customer, the cost and usage data generated during the association period will be unavailable to you; instead, you can only view the data generated for the period when your account are not disassociated with the master account.
- If you are using a member account but you pay for your bills, you can view your cost and usage data like an individual customer.
Currently, the Cost Center cannot be used to manage the cost of solution partners (including resellers) and reseller customers.
The Cost Center provides you with two types of costs.
- Original cost: reflects the expenditures after discounts, excluding cash coupons. To view the expenditures after both discounts and cash coupons, see the net original cost.
- Amortized cost: reflects the amounts prepaid for yearly/monthly services and reserved instances, which are amortized on a daily basis. For example, if you purchased a one-year cloud service for ¥365, the amortized cost per day is ¥1. For details about the calculation rules, see Rules for Recording Amortized Costs. Cash coupons are not considered when the cost is amortized. To learn about the amortized cost after cash coupons, see the net amortized cost.
The Cost Center refreshes your amortized costs once every 24 hours, and some data may take longer than 24 to 48 hours to display.
- The original costs and bill amounts are accurate to the 8th decimal place.
- The amounts on yearly/monthly orders and reserved instance orders need to be amortized.
- The amortized costs of orders before June 1, 2021 are accurate to the 2nd decimal place.
- The amortized costs of orders after June 1, 2021 are rounded off to the 8th decimal place.