Customer pre-registration is a mechanism provided by HUAWEI CLOUD for partners to register customers in advance to seize customer development opportunities. This mechanism prevents conflicts between partners and between partners and HUAWEI CLOUD.
A partner can pre-register potential customers. Within the validity period of pre-registration, the partner can send invitation links to pre-registered customers for them to register and associate with the partner.
Except for sending emails, partners can send hyperlinks and QR codes to invite potential customers.
- A customer cannot be pre-registered by a partner if the customer:
- Registers with HUAWEI CLOUD (China).
- Has been associated with a partner.
- Has been pre-registered by another partner.
- Has signed contracts with HUAWEI CLOUD.
- Has cash expenditure records and has not been pre-registered by the HUAWEI CLOUD direct sales team.
- A partner can submit a request for manual pre-registration review if the customer:
- Has registered for more than seven days or has cash expenditure records and has been pre-registered by the HUAWEI CLOUD direct sales team.
- Has a different registration country from the partner.
- Belongs to the HUAWEI CLOUD online sales team.
- The maximum number of pending and pre-registered customers is 100. When the maximum number is reached, the partner cannot pre-register any customers.
- The validity period of pre-registration is 15 days. A pre-registered customer cannot be pre-registered by another partner until the current validity period has expired.
- If a partner does not reserve a mobile number or email address in the partner center, the partner cannot register a customer. Partners need to add mobile numbers or email addresses on the Personal Information page under Account Management > Basic Information in the partner center before registering customers.
- When a partner pre-registers a customer, ensure to enter the email address used by the customer to register its account.
- If a partner still wants to pre-register a customer who does not meet the pre-registration conditions, the partner needs to submit a manual review request. The review will be completed within two working days.
- Use your account to log in to HUAWEI CLOUD.
- In the drop-down list of your account name, click Partner Center to go to the Partner Center.
- In the navigation tree, choose Customer Business > Customer Development.
- On the From Partner Center tab page, click Preregister Customer.
The Preregister Customer dialog box is displayed.
- Enter the customer's information and click OK.
A message is displayed indicating that the pre-registration is successful.
- (Optional) If a partner still wants to pre-register a customer who does not meet the pre-registration conditions, the partner needs to submit a manual review request.
- In the dialog box that is displayed, click Preregister Customer.
- In the Preregister Customer dialog box, fill in the required information and click Submit.
Click Delete in the Operation column to delete a customer. You can also select multiple customers and click Delete next to Preregister Customer to delete them.
You cannot delete customers whose status is Pending review or Associated.