Preparing a Java Development Environment
Image Java SDK uses Java SE Development Kit 8 (JDK 8) or later. The following uses JDK 8 (Windows x64) running on Windows 7 as an example. If you have downloaded the JDK and configured the environment, skip this section.
- Download the JDK file.
- After the JDK file is downloaded, install the JDK as prompted. For example, install the JDK to the C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_131 directory on the local PC.
- Right-click Computer, choose Properties > Advanced System Settings > Environment Variables, and perform the following operations to configure Java environment variables:
- Create system variable JAVA_HOME whose value is the JDK installation path.
- Add %JAVA_HOME%\bin;%JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin to Path. Separate multiple values with semicolons (;).
- Create system variable CLASSPATH whose value is %JAVA_HOME%\lib\dt.jar;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar.
- Open the command line interface (CLI) and run java -version. If the information shown in Figure 1 is displayed, the configuration is successful.