Help Center> Host Security Service (New)> FAQs> About HSS> Can I Upgrade My HSS to a Higher Edition?
Updated on 2022-10-29 GMT+08:00
Can I Upgrade My HSS to a Higher Edition?
- The WTP and container editions are the highest editions and cannot be upgraded.
- An edition can be directly upgraded to the enterprise or premium edition. To upgrade to the WTP edition, you need to purchase it separately, and then bind it to a server.
- The basic edition can be upgraded to the enterprise, premium, or WTP edition. The enterprise edition can be upgraded to the premium or WTP edition. The premium edition can be upgraded to the WTP edition only.
Upgrading to the Enterprise/Premium Edition
To upgrade a quota, its Usage Status must be Idle.
- Upgrading an idle quota
Upgrade the quota on the Quotas tab of the Servers & Quota page. For more information, see Upgrading Your Edition.
- Upgrading a quota in use
- Unbind the quota from the server it protects. For more information, see Unbinding a Quota from a Server.
- Check the quota status. It is expected to change to Idle.
- Upgrade the quota. For more information, see Upgrading to the Enterprise/Premium Edition.
Upgrading to the WTP Edition
The WTP edition cannot be directly upgraded from a lower edition and needs to be purchased separately. Before protecting a server with WTP, ensure the server is not bound to any quota.
- Purchase WTP on the HSS console. For more information, see Purchasing an HSS Quota.
- Unbind a server from its existing quota. For more information, see Unbinding a Quota from a Server.
- Bind the server to WTP. For more information, see Upgrading to the WTP Edition.
About HSS FAQs
- What Is Host Security Service?
- What Is Container Security Service?
- What Is Web Tamper Protection?
- What Are the Relationships Between Images, Containers, and Applications?
- How Do I Use HSS?
- Is HSS in Conflict with Any Other Security Software?
- What Are the Differences Between HSS, VSS, and WAF?
- What Is the HSS Agent?
- Can I Upgrade My HSS to a Higher Edition?
Was this page helpful?Provide feedback
Thank you very much for your feedback. We will continue working to improve the documentation.
The system is busy. Please try again later.
For any further questions, feel free to contact us through the chatbot.Chatbot