The Cloud Container Instance (CCI) service provides a serverless container engine that allows you to enjoy the agility and high performance of the container after three simple steps of configuration without managing clusters and servers. It supports the creation of Deployment and StatefulSet, and has enhanced important capabilities such as container security isolation, rapid load deployment, elastic load balancing, flexible capacity scaling, and blue-green deployment based on Kubernetes' load model.
- Image: A Docker image is a special file system that provides configuration parameters (such as anonymous volumes, environment variables, and users) for the runtime, in addition to the program, library, resource, and configuration files required to run the container. The image does not contain any dynamic data, and its content will not be changed after creation.
- Container: The relationship between an image and a container is similar to that between a class and an instance in object-oriented programming (OOB). An image is a static definition, and a container is an entity of the image at runtime. A container can be created, started, stopped, deleted, or paused.
Kubernetes is Google's open-source container cluster management system. It is built on top of the Docker technology to provide a set of functions for containerized applications, such as resource scheduling, deployment and operation, service discovery, and capacity scaling. CCI has enhanced important capabilities such as container security isolation, rapid load deployment, elastic load balancing, flexible capacity scaling, and blue-green deployment based on Kubernetes' load model. For details about concepts related to Kubernetes, visit https://kubernetes.io/docs/concepts/overview/what-is-kubernetes/.
- Automated continuous delivery
Runs the container image generated by the CI process of DevOps by one click, ensuring full automation of the CI/CD process.
- Full hosting when the load is running
Provides runtime hosting for Deployment and StatefulSet, ensuring stable running of the load.
- Extremely quick and flexible scaling
Allows the user to customize the flexible scaling policy and implements flexible scaling within 1 second.
- Load high availability assurance
Allows multiple instances to provide services externally at the same time to ensure high service availability, and provides the global load balancing capability.
- Load container status monitoring
Provides container health checks and comprehensive real-time monitoring of container specifications at runtime.
- Persistent storage
Supports mounting local storage volumes and network storage volumes to ensure persistent storage of service data.