Access keys are AK/SK pairs used for accessing HUAWEI CLOUD through development tools (APIs, CLI, or SDKs). Access keys cannot be used to log in to the console. An AK is used in conjunction with an SK to sign requests cryptographically, ensuring that the requests are secret, complete, and correct.
After logging in to the management console, all users can manage their access keys on the My Credentials page. If an IAM user does not have permissions to log in to the management console, the administrator of the user can manage access keys for the user in IAM.
Adding an Access Key
- Log in to HUAWEI CLOUD and click Console in the upper right corner.
- On the management console, move the cursor to the username in the upper right corner, and choose My Credentials from the drop-down list.
- Choose Access Keys from the navigation pane.
- Click Add Access Key, and enter the login password and verification code.
You do not need to enter the verification code if you have not bound an email address or a mobile number.
- Click OK to generate an access key and download it.
You can create a maximum of two access keys. Each access key can be downloaded only when generated and will be permanently valid. Keep your access keys secure and change them periodically for security purposes. To change an access key, delete it and generate a new one.
Deleting an Access Key
- On the Access Keys page, click Delete in the same row as the access key you want to delete.
- Enter the login password and verification code, and click OK.
- You do not need to enter the verification code if you have not bound an email address or a mobile number.
- If your access keys are lost or leaked, delete them on the My Credentials page or contact the administrator to delete them in IAM.