Step 1: Apply for a Storage Pool
DSS provides you with dedicated, physical storage resources, which can be flexibly interconnected with various compute services, such as ECS, BMS, and DCC, and are suitable to a wide-range of scenarios, including HPC, OLAP, and a mixed of loads. Before using DSS, you need to apply for a storage pool first.
This topic describes how to apply for a storage pool.
- Log in to the management console.
- Under Dedicated Cloud or Storage, click Dedicated Distributed Storage Service to switch to the Dedicated Distributed Storage Service page.
- Click Apply for Storage Pool to switch to the page for applying for a storage pool.
Configure the basic information about the storage pool by referring to Table 1.
Table 1 Parameter description
Specifies the region where the storage pool belongs.
Specifies the AZ where the storage pool belongs.
- High I/O
- Ultra-high I/O
Specifies the storage pool capacity you requested.
Storage Pool Name
Specifies the storage pool name, which can contain a maximum of 64 characters.
The name can contain only letters, digits, underscores (_), and hyphens (-).
You can choose 1 year to 5 years for the purchased duration.
After the configuration is complete, the details about the storage pool specifications are displayed.
- Click Apply Now, and the page for you to confirm the specifications is displayed.
You can confirm the details about the storage pool specifications.
- If you do not need to modify the specifications, click Submit Application and go to 5.
- If you need to modify the specifications, click Previous to modify parameters.
- Check the application result.
- On the displayed page, you can click View Review Status to view the order details.
- Or click Back to Storage Pool List to return to the storage pool list.
- After the order is approved and paid, view the storage pool status.
- If the storage pool status is Deploying, your order is being processed and the storage resources are being deployed.
- When the storage pool status changes to In-use, the storage pool has been deployed and your order is completed.
- You can perform the following operations for your storage pool in the Operation column: