Help Center> Video On Demand> FAQs> Media Processing> Does Transcoding Change the Size of Audio and Video Files?
Updated on 2022-10-24 GMT+08:00
Does Transcoding Change the Size of Audio and Video Files?
Yes. The sizes of audio and video files are related to the codec, resolution, bitrate, and frame rate. Therefore, the sizes of audio and video files vary according to the transcoding parameters that you set.
Media Processing FAQs
- How Do I View Video Details Locally?
- How Do I Add Subtitles to a Video?
- How Do I Export All Media Details from the VOD Console?
- Why Can't I View All Uploaded Video Files on the Snapshots Page?
- Does the Duration on Audio and Video Management Page Refer to the Duration of the Input File or the Transcoded Output?
- Can I Delete Hosted Videos?
- Does VOD Have System Presets?
- Which Input Formats Does VOD Transcoding Support?
- Which Output Formats Does VOD Support?
- How Do I Convert a Video to Multiple Outputs in Different Resolutions?
- Can I Use Multiple Transcoding Templates for a Video While Transcoding?
- Will I Be Billed for the Index File Generated After Transcoding to the HLS Format?
- Why Is the Output Resolution Inconsistent with That Configured in the Transcoding Template?
- Why Is Transcoding Sometimes Fast and Sometimes Slow?
- Does the Input Resolution for Video Transcoding Support 8K?
- Does Transcoding Change the Size of Audio and Video Files?
- Why Do I Fail to Delete a Media File?
- Why Only Two Outputs Are Created When Three Outputs Are Set in the Transcoding Template?
- Does VOD Support Transcoding Callbacks?
- Why Is the Video Duration Different from That Displayed in the Player After Video Transcoding or Segmentation?
- Why Does CDN Pre-loading Fail?
- Why Can't I Delete a Watermark Template?
Was this page helpful?Provide feedback
Thank you very much for your feedback. We will continue working to improve the documentation.
The system is busy. Please try again later.
For any further questions, feel free to contact us through the chatbot.Chatbot