Creating a User and Granting Permissions
This section describes how to use IAM to implement fine-grained permissions control for your ServiceStage resources. With IAM, you can:
- Create IAM users for employees based on the organizational structure of your enterprise. Each IAM user has their own security credentials, providing access to ServiceStage resources.
- Grant only the permissions required for users to perform a task.
- Entrust a HUAWEI CLOUD account or cloud service to perform efficient O&M on your ServiceStage resources.
If your HUAWEI CLOUD account does not require individual IAM users, skip this section.
This section describes the procedure for granting permissions (see Figure 1).
- Create a user group and grant permissions to it.
- Create a user.
Create a user on the IAM console and add the user to the group created in 1.
- Log in and verify permissions.
- Select ServiceStage from Service List. Choose Application Management > Application List from the navigation tree. On the page that is displayed, click Create Application. If a message appears indicating insufficient permissions to access the service, the ServiceStage ReadOnlyAccess policy has already taken effect.
- Choose any other service in the Service List. If a message appears indicating insufficient permissions to access the service, the ServiceStage ReadOnlyAccess policy has already taken effect.