Configuring an Alarm Threshold
You can configure an alarm threshold to learn the indicator health status. After Send Alarm is selected, the system sends an alarm message when the monitored data reaches the alarm threshold. You can view the alarm information in Alarm.
- On MRS Manager, click System.
- In Configuration, click Configure Alarm Threshold under Monitoring and Alarm.
- Click an indicator, for example, CPU Usage, and click Create Rule.
- Set the parameters for monitoring indicator rules.
Table 1 Parameters for monitoring indicator rules
Specifies the rule name.
Specifies the date on which the reference indicator history is generated.
- Max. value
- Min. value
Specifies whether to use the maximum or minimum value of the indicator for setting the threshold.
- If this parameter is set to Max. value, an alarm is generated when the actual value of the indicator is greater than the threshold.
- If this parameter is set to Min. value, an alarm is generated when the actual value of the indicator is smaller than the threshold.
Specifies the alarm severity.
From 00:00 to 23:59 (example)
Specifies the period in which the rule takes effect.
Specifies the threshold of the rule monitoring indicator.
Specifies the days when the rule takes effect.
This parameter takes effect when you set Date to Others. You can select multiple dates.
- Click OK. The Rule saved successfully is displayed in the upper-right corner.
Send Alarm is selected by default. MRS Manager checks whether the values of monitoring indicators meet the threshold requirements. If the number of times that the values do not meet the threshold requirements during consecutive checks exceeds the value of Trigger Count, an alarm will be sent. The value of Trigger Count can be customized. Check Period (s) specifies the interval for MRS Manager to check monitoring indicators.
- In the row that contains the newly added rule, click Apply in the Operation column. If a dialog box indicating that the rule xx is applied successfully is displayed in the upper-right corner, the rule xx is added. The icon turns green, indicating that the operation is complete. Click Cancel in the Operation column. If a dialog box indicating that the rule xx is canceled successfully is displayed in the upper-right corner.