Adding Domain Names
Before using Live, you must add ingest domain names and streaming domain names to Live.
Domain Name Admission Process
Figure 1 shows the process of connecting domain names to Live.
- Register a domain name. If you do not have a domain name, you can purchase a domain name from a DNS provider.
A level-1 domain name cannot be used as an ingest domain or streaming domain. If your domain name is example.com, you can use sub-domain names, for example, test-push.example.com and test-play.example.com, as the ingest domain name and streaming domain name.
- Add domain names. Add an ingest domain name and a streaming domain name to Live.
- Associate domain names. Associate the ingest domain name with the streaming domain name.
- Configure CNAME records with your domain names' DNS providers so that the domain names can point to the CNAME record allocated.
Adding Domain Names
- Log in to the Live console.
- In the navigation pane, choose Domains.
- Click Add Domain Name. On the displayed page, enter a streaming or ingest domain name.Figure 2 Adding a domain name
Table 1 Domain name parameters
Enter a sub-domain as the ingest domain name or streaming domain name. Enter up to 42 characters.
An ingest domain name must be different from a streaming domain name. Wildcard domains are not allowed.
If you enter an ingest domain name in the Domain Name field, then select Ingest Domain Name for Domain Type.
- Click OK.
A domain name whose Status is Configuring is displayed in the domain name list. About 3 to 5 minutes later, if Status becomes Normal, the domain name has been added.Figure 3 Added domain name
- Associate the streaming domain name with the ingest domain name. For details, see Associating Domain Names.
- Add a CNAME record to your domain's DNS records. For details, see Configuring CNAME Records. Once the configuration takes effect, live streaming acceleration is automatically enabled for the domain name.
After domain names are added, you can configure the following settings for the ingest and streaming domain names.